Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Covergirl!

For our second essay, we are supposed to compare the same argument made with two different kinds of media. For mine, I am looking at the Covergirl LashblastFusion ad campaign, featuring Drew Barrymore. I will be comparing the picture ad (which can be found in various magazines) to the commercial (aired on TV).

From first glance, the commercial seems to be the most effective. I think that generally a commercial can show more than just a picture, which gives it a leg-up from the beginning. The commercial also provides more evidence of what the mascara does and why you should want it, as opposed to the ad which simply features a very large photo of Drew Barrymore, overshaddowing very small lettering about the mascara.

The only aspect of the print ad I preferred was the fact that you can't hear Barrymore lisping through a picture (although I don't think I will be including this in my essay).

No comments:

Post a Comment